Terms and Conditions
Grace to You uses mass communications media to teach biblical truth with clarity and expand the sphere of John MacArthur’s Bible teaching ministry. Grace to You does not supplant the local church, but rather supports it by providing additional resources for those hungering for the truth of God’s Word. Media ministries can never substitute for involvement in a biblical church, group Bible study, or interaction with a teacher. Yet we sense the need for more in-depth resources, evidenced by the many Christians and Christian leaders worldwide who depend on our ministry to supplement their own study.
Grace to You
P.O. Box 4000
Panorama City, CA 91412
Phone: (800) 55-GRACE
Fax: (661) 295-5871
The following stipulations govern the content of gty.org for questions of usage, copyright, and permissions:
Audio & Video
Grace to You is the official repository of all of John MacArthur’s sermon material. In conjunction with the launch of our free MP3 downloads, we have expanded the duplication privileges available to you. We want to maximize your flexibility in sharing the messages while simultaneously maintaining quality control and connecting people with our ministry. Please partner together with us by observing the following guidelines:
You may duplicate and distribute John’s audio and video messages in CD, DVD, and MP3 formats without prior permission, as long as you follow the restrictions outlined below.
- You may duplicate and distribute only full-length versions of the messages.
- You may not edit the content in any way.
- You may not charge for the material (even to recoup your costs).
- You may link to messages at the Grace to You website, but you may not post them on your own website.
- If you copy material to a CD or DVD, please include the following information on the CD or DVD:
- The title of the message
- “Copyright [fill in the year of the message] by John MacArthur. Used by permission from Grace to You.”
- You may not include personal or organizational contact information on any CDs or DVDs.
- You may not use or reproduce the Grace to You logo for any purpose.
Grace to You and John MacArthur reserve all copyright protections under applicable law. We reserve the right to revoke or modify these permissions at any time.
Thank you for your cooperation in these matters, which will help us all spread the teaching of God’s Word to all the nations.
Since many of John MacArthur’s published materials are still in print and the publisher holds the duplication rights, we are unable to grant blanket copy permission.
Please contact us with each separate request for permissions regarding out-of-print materials or Grace to You publications. For resources still in print, please contact the respective publishers to get their permissions.
We are happy to allow you permission to use content from the Resources section of our website under the following guidelines.
Using GTY Web Content – General Guidelines
- Provide the content for free.
- Make no changes to the content.
- Credit the content to John MacArthur or Grace to You.
- Cite the copyright information (e.g. Copyright 2007, Grace to You. All rights reserved. Used by permission.).
- Cite the source by providing the Web address (www.gty.org).
Posting GTY Web Content on Your Website
- Link to the article on the Grace to You website (preferred), or,
- Post it in accordance with the General Guidelines and include this message on every page of posted content: “This article originally appeared here at Grace to You.”
- Make the word “here” link to the specific URL where the content lives.
- Make the words “Grace to You” link to the Grace to You homepage.
- Distributing GTY Web Content
- Distribution in print (newsletter, bulletin, tract, etc.) or in an email is permissible, provided it’s in accordance with the General Usage Requirements.
Using GTY Web Transcripts
Since many of our transcripts have not been subjected to our editorial process, usage permission is extended as follows:
- You may use any transcript from the Sermon Series section in accordance with the guidelines stated above.
- If you desire to use transcripts that are not in the Sermon Series section, send us an email to request specific permission (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We are happy to grant you permission to link to Grace to You’s tract “Who Do You Think I Am?” from your Web page(s). However, we ask that you please do not mirror or copy the tract in any manner that is independent of a direct link to Grace to You’s website. Thank you.
Printed copies of this tract are available for purchase; just click here or call 1-800-55-GRACE for information.
What information are you collecting and how are you collecting it?
Every computer connected to the Internet is given a domain name and a set of numbers that serve as that computer’s “Internet Protocol” (IP) address. When a visitor requests a page from our website, our Web servers automatically recognize that visitor’s domain name and IP address. The domain name and IP address reveal nothing personal about you other than the IP address from which you have accessed our site.
We use this information to examine our traffic in aggregate, but do not collect and evaluate this information for individuals. Our Web servers do not record email addresses of the visitors.
What are cookies?
From time to time, Grace to You may send a cookie to your computer. A cookie is a small piece of data that is sent to your browser from a Web server and stored on your computer’s hard drive. A cookie can’t read data off your hard disk, it can’t read cookie files created by other sites, and it can’t damage your system.
Grace to You may use cookie and tracking technology, depending on the features offered. Cookie and tracking technology is useful for gathering information such as browser type and operating system, tracking the number of visitors to the site, and understanding how visitors use the site. Cookies can also help customize the site for visitors. Personal information cannot be collected via cookies and other tracking technology; however, if you previously provided personally identifiable information, cookies may be tied to such information.
You can choose whether to accept cookies by changing the settings of your browser. You can reset your browser to refuse all cookies, or allow your browser to show you when a cookie is being sent. If you choose not to accept these cookies, your experience at our site and other Websites may be diminished and some features may not work as intended.
What other information do you request?
We may also request your email address or mailing address for the purposes of providing additional services or information or materials you have requested.
Whenever we request the identity of a visitor, we will clearly indicate the purpose of the inquiry before the information is requested. We maintain a strict “No-Spam” policy, which means we do not intend to sell, rent, or otherwise give your email address to a third-party, without your consent.
In addition, Grace to You will not send you email that you have not agreed to receive. We do however send an email acknowledgment when you send an email to Grace to You, or send a comment through our guestbook.
If you choose to purchase something online, we need to know your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card number, and card expiration date. This allows us to process and fulfill your order and to notify you of your order status. When you enter a contest or other promotion, we may ask for your name, address, and email address so we can administer the contest and notify winners.
Will you disclose the information you collect to outside third parties?
Grace to You uses reasonable precautions to keep the information disclosed to us secure. However, Grace to You will disclose personal information when required by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Conform to the edicts of the law or comply with a legal process served on gty.org;
- Protect and defend the rights or property of Grace to You, or visitors to gty.org;
- Identify persons who may be violating the law, the legal notice, or the rights of third parties;
- Cooperate with the investigations of purported unlawful activities.
- What responsibility do you take for third party links?
In an attempt to provide increased value to our users, we may provide links to other websites or resources. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and do not endorse and are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for the privacy practices or the content (including misrepresentative or defamatory content) of such websites, including (without limitation) any advertising, products or other materials or services on or available from such websites or resources, nor for any damage, loss, or offence caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, the use of or reliance on any such content, goods, or services available on such external sites or resources.
What else should I know about my privacy when online?
The Grace to You website may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other sites. We do not share any of the individual personal information you provide with any other site, linked or otherwise. However, we may share non-personal, aggregate data (i.e., how many visitors, page views, etc.) with other sites.
You may check with the sites to which we link to determine their individual privacy policies. Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information online—for example through email, discussion lists, or elsewhere—that information can be collected and used by others. In short, if you post personal information online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return.
Ultimately, you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your personal information. Please be careful and responsible whenever you’re online.
Your Consent to This Agreement
CUSTOMER SERVICE POLICY
Placing Your Order
For more information, please contact our office by phone at 1-800-55-GRACE, fax (661) 295-5779, or email at email@example.com.
- Gift Orders: If you are buying a gift for someone else, type that person’s name and address in the section called “Shipping Address.”
- Gift Certificates: You may use your Gift Certificate to purchase products online or when you call us at 1-800-55-GRACE.
- International: If you are shopping from outside the United States, please click here to find the international office nearest you. Please note that customer service policies may differ from office to office.
If you make a credit card purchase on a Grace to You website, we will charge all deliverable products based on your shipping address.
Tax: All purchases include standard shipping; California residents are charged 8.75% sales tax. Ohio residents are charged appropriate sale tax.
Processing Your Order
Mailing List: When you place an order, we automatically add you to our mailing list to receive letters from John MacArthur. Grace to You does not sell, loan, or give information from our mailing list to other companies or organizations.
If you would like us to add or remove you from our mailing list, please email your request (firstname.lastname@example.org) and provide your full name and address.
- Customer Service Questions: If you have questions about your order, please contact Customer Service, Monday through Friday, 7:30AM–4:00PM, at 1-800-55-GRACE.
- Cancellation: Once you have placed an order, it cannot be cancelled. You may call Customer Service at 1-800-55-GRACE.
Shipping Your Order
- Notification: To ensure you receive notifications about your order, please set your spam filter to allow emails from email@example.com and double check that you entered your correct email address.
- Shipping: Orders received before 2:00PM Pacific Time, Monday–Friday, will be shipped the next business day. Orders placed after 2:00PM or on weekends will be shipped the second business day.
For Standard Shipping please allow 7-10 business days for delivery. You may expedite your shipping at an additional cost by choosing UPS 2nd Day Air® or UPS Next Day Air® during the checkout process. Carriers will not ship rush orders to P.O. boxes, so please include a street address.
Replacing/Refunding Your Order
We will replace or refund defective products, damaged products, or incorrect products in your shipment in accordance with the following stipulations:
For all replacements and refunds, you must return the damaged, defective, or incorrect product—call or write us for specific instructions. Please make sure you package your return securely; also include in the return your contact information and the reason for the return.
We will refund your money by the same method as the original payment. There are no refunds for internet specials,but we will replace defective products.
You may call Customer Service, Monday through Friday, 7:30AM–4:00PM Pacific time, at 800-55-GRACE. If you are writing about your order or returning a product, our address is Grace to You, P.O. Box 4000, Panorama City, CA 91412.
We will process your order in US dollars, and we reserve the right to change pricing at any time without prior notice.
We accept American Express, Discover Card, MasterCard, and Visa credit cards. CyberSource handles our credit card processing and security. If you do not feel comfortable using a credit card online, you may contact our office at 1-800-55-GRACE to discuss another method.
CyberSource is an American Express, Discover Card, MasterCard, and Visa certified solution, which facilitates online electronic payments. All credit card transactions are 128 bit Secure Socket Layers (SSL) encrypted, in compliance with international standards.
We have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor any activity and content associated with the website. We may investigate any reported violation of these Conditions or complaints and take any action that we deem appropriate, which may include but is not limited to, issuing warnings, suspending, or terminating your access and/or removing any materials from the website.
Changes and Updates
We reserve the right to modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, the website (or any part of) with or without notice to you, and you confirm that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification to or withdrawal of the website.
We will use our reasonable endeavors to maintain the website. The website is subject to change at any time. You will not be eligible for any compensation because you cannot use any part of the website, or because of a failure, suspension, or withdrawal of all or part of the website due to circumstances beyond our control.
We reserve the right to change, modify, add to or remove from portions or the whole of these Terms and Conditions at any time. Changes to these Terms and Conditions will become effective upon such changes being posted to this website. It is your responsibility to check these Terms and Conditions periodically for changes or updates. Following the posting of changes or updates, we will consider your continued use of this website to be your acceptance to abide by these Terms and Conditions.
Want to support Grace to You’s ministry in your life and the lives of others?
Not receiving free-resource offers from John? Join our mailing list today.