The following stipulations govern the content of gty.org for questions of usage, copyright, and permissions:
Grace to You is the official repository of all of John MacArthur’s sermon material. In conjunction with the launch of our free MP3 downloads, we have expanded the duplication privileges available to you. We want to maximize your flexibility in sharing the messages while simultaneously maintaining quality control and connecting people with our ministry. Please partner together with us by observing the following guidelines:
You may duplicate and distribute John’s audio messages in CD and MP3 format without prior permission as long as you follow the restrictions outlined below.
1. You may duplicate and distribute only full-length versions of the messages.
2. You may not edit the content in any way.
3. You may not charge for the material (even to recoup your costs).
4. You may link to messages at the Grace to You website, but you may not
post them on your ownwebsite.
5. If you copy material to a CD, please include the following information
on the CD:
a. The title of the message
b. “Copyright [fill in the year of the message] by John MacArthur.
Used by permission from Grace to You.”
6. You may not include personal or organizational contact information
on any CDs.
7. You may not use or reproduce the Grace to You logo for any purpose.
Grace to You and John MacArthur reserve all copyright protections under applicable law. We reserve the right to revoke or modify these permissions at any time.
Thank you for your cooperation in these matters, which will help us all spread the teaching of God’s Word to all the nations.
Since many of John MacArthur’s published materials are still in print and the publisher holds the duplication rights, we are unable to grant blanket copy permission.
Please contact us with each separate request for permissions regarding out-of-print materials or Grace to You publications. For resources still in print, please contact the respective publishers to get their permissions.
We are happy to allow you permission to use content from the Resources section of our website under the following guidelines.
Using GTY Web Content – General Guidelines
- Provide the content for free.
- Make no changes to the content.
- Credit the content to John MacArthur or Grace to You.
- Cite the copyright information (e.g. Copyright 2011, Grace to You. All rights reserved. Used by permission.).
- Cite the source by providing the Web address (www.gty.org).
Posting GTY Web Content on Your Website
- Link to the article on the Grace to You website (preferred), or,
- Post it in accordance with the General Guidelines and include this message on every page of posted content: “This article originally appeared here at Grace to You.”
- Make the word “here” link to the specific URL where the content lives.
- Make the words “Grace to You” link to the Grace to You homepage.
Distributing GTY Web Content
Distribution in print (newsletter, bulletin, tract, etc.) or in an email is permissible, provided it’s in accordance with the General Usage Requirements.
Using GTY Web Transcripts
Since many of our transcripts have not been subjected to our editorial process, usage permission is extended as follows:
- You may use any transcript from the Sermon Series section in accordance with the guidelines stated above.
- If you desire to use transcripts that are not in the Sermon Series section, send us an email to request specific permission (email@example.com).
We are happy to grant you permission to link to Grace to You’s tract “Who Do You Think I Am?” from your Web page(s). However, we ask that you please do not mirror or copy the tract in any manner that is independent of a direct link to Grace to You’s website. Thank you.
Printed copies of this tract are available for purchase; just click here or call 1-800-55-GRACE for information.