Today, part two of John MacArthur’s interview on the criticism of Strange Fire was posted at Tim Challies’s website. In the interview, John responds to more questions regarding the recent conference and the Strange Fire book—all of which came directly from readers of Challies’s blog.
Here’s a quick summary of the issues tackled in part two:
- Why pick a fight with well-respected, godly theologians who hold continuationist views? Does such a fight threaten the church? Why this issue, and why now?
- What do you make of the stories of Muslims in closed countries having visions of Jesus that lead them to gospel preaching and saving faith?
- What would you say to a close friend who regularly prays in tongues?
- Would you be more comfortable with people who practice the gifts of the Spirit if they were practiced solely according to Scripture?
- The Strange Fire conference frequently focused on the worst charlatans and the most egregious examples. Would there be some value in a conference that focused on some of the best continuationists and charismatics?
You can read the interview here. And in case you missed it, you can read part one here.