Since 1997, more than 2 million readers around the world have relied on The MacArthur Study Bible to help them grow in their understanding of Scripture. Now fully updated and redesigned, The MacArthur Study Bible, 2nd Edition combines fine craftsmanship with new and improved study notes, as well as an expanded selection of maps and charts.
Drawn from over fifty years of intense Bible study and regular expository teaching, John MacArthur’s verse-by-verse study notes, book introductions, and articles display an unwavering commitment to interpretive precision—with the goal of making God known through His Word. You’ll find clarification for difficult passages, explore cultural and historical details, and be better equipped to understand and apply biblical truth in life-transforming ways.
Featuring a supple goatskin leather cover, durable edge-lined binding, premium European Bible paper, and three satin ribbon markers, this carefully crafted edition is a treasure designed for a lifetime in God’s Word.
The fully redesigned second edition includes:
- Complete ESV text
- Nearly 25,000 verse-by-verse study notes
- 190 in-text charts, diagrams, and maps that illustrate and summarize the themes, people, and places of Scripture
- More than 72,000 cross-references
- Bible reading plans
- Outline of systematic theology
- Chronological charts for major biblical time periods
- Overviews of Christ’s life, ministry, and Passion Week
- Harmony of the Gospels
- Introductions to each major section of Scripture
- Index of key Bible doctrines
- Clear and readable 9.5-point type size
- Line-matched, paragraph-style Scripture format
- Premium goatskin leather cover
- Premium European Bible paper, 39 gsm
- Smyth-sewn and edge-lined construction for flexibility
- Art gilding on page edges: red stain under gold
- Three satin ribbon markers, each 3/8-inch wide
- Raised spine hubs