Capturing Christ’s humanity more than the other gospels, the book of Mark depicts Jesus as the selfless, suffering servant of God. In a compelling, fast-paced narrative, the first eight chapters examine:
- the significance of Jesus’ baptism
- Christ’s power over nature, demons, disease, and death
- what the Sabbath was—and was not—intended for
- the murder of the greatest prophet, John the Baptist
- the people who can’t see Christ
- and much more
Verse-by-verse exposition of Mark chapters 1–8. Hardcover, 460 pages.