In this premiere volume, John MacArthur brings you a complete Bible commentary in one volume. The MacArthur Bible Commentary treats every passage of the Old and New Testaments phrase by phrase, with hundreds of word studies as sidebars throughout. It offers a broad overview of each Bible book and the internal consistency that results from having a single commentator.
- A general introduction to each major division of the Bible
- A short introduction covering author, date, time, and setting for each book of the Bible
- Each introduction also includes discussion of God's character, how Christ is seen, key doctrines, key words, key people, and key Scripture passages that represent the theme core of each book of the Bible
- A harmony of the historical books of 1 and 2 Samuel, 1 and 2 Kings, and 1 and 2 Chronicles
- A harmony of the Gospels
- Articles providing an overview of theology, the ministry of Jesus, the ministry of the apostles, and the progress of revelation
- Cross-references to The MacArthur Bible Handbook as an alternate source for more in-depth treatment </