This article is also available and sold as a booklet.
This sermon series includes the following messages:
As a media ministry, Grace to You's focus is to present God's Word through the teaching ministry of John MacArthur. Our goal? To nurture believers in their walk with Christ and to protect them from false teaching. As we do that, however, we maintain a high regard for local churches and consider ourselves no substitute for them.
Our commitment to the local church is so central to our identity; it covers a full one-fourth of our purpose statement. Here's an excerpt:
Our role is not to supplant the local church's ministry, but to support it by providing additional resources for those hungering for the truth of God's Word. Media ministries can never substitute for involvement in a biblical church, group Bible study, or interaction with a teacher.
So why is the local church so vital to us--and why should it be to you?
The church is the:
- Only institution Christ promised to build and to bless (Matthew 16:18).
- Gathering place of true worshipers (Philippians 3:3).
- Most precious assembly on earth because Christ purchased it with His own blood (Acts 20:28; 1 Corinthians 6:19; Ephesians 5:25; Colossians 1:20; 1 Peter 1:18; Revelation 1:5).
- Earthly expression of the heavenly reality (Matthew 6:10; 18:18).
- Realm of spiritual fellowship (Hebrews 10:22-25; 1 John 1:3, 6-7).
- Proclaimer and protector of divine truth (1 Timothy 3:15; Titus 2:1, 15).
- Chief place for spiritual edification and growth (Acts 20:32; Ephesians 4:11-16; 2 Timothy 3:16-17; 1 Peter 2:1-2; 2 Peter 3:18).
- Launch pad for world evangelization (Mark 16:15; Titus 2:11).
- Environment where strong spiritual leadership develops and matures (2 Timothy 2:2).
There's no biblical defense for not belonging to a local congregation of believers. We recommend you continue your search until you find a church in your area.
Click here for an article that will help you know what to look for in choosing a new church home.