This article is also available and sold as a booklet.
The church today is being attacked—attacked from the outside by the liberals and cultists who deny the deity of Christ and from the inside by those who add legalism, ritual, and mystical experiences to the sufficiency of Christ. Well, this attack isn’t anything new! The book of Colossians was written by the Apostle Paul to arm the Colossian church against such an attack.
This six-message series, entitled The Fruitful Life, sets the foundation for understanding the entire book of Colossians—a book which is vitally relevant to today. In a verse-by-verse exposition of Colossians 1:1-23, John MacArthur makes the text come alive; and in the course of preaching, answer such questions as:
- How does the Bible defend the deity of Christ?
- Did Christ die only for the elect?
- How can we know God’s unrevealed will?
- Is man reconciled to God, or is God reconciled to man?
- What does it mean to pray unceasingly?
- How does the biblical definition of love differ from the world’s concept of love?
- Did Christ become the Son at the incarnation, or was He always the Son?
- In what sense was man created in the image of God?
- What does the Bible say about a person who doesn’t continue in the faith?
These topics merely scratch the surface of the vast wealth of information—both practical and theological—packed into these six messages.